The NASCO State / Provincial & Local Governments Council connects member government representatives across North America to work together to focus on shared local and regional challenges, reduce barriers to trade, and discuss information, best practices and results to improve the competitiveness of their jurisdictions, and North America, in the global marketplace.
The Council is a forum for exchanging and developing knowledge and information to empower and inform the critical decisions affecting important economic development, trade and transportation matters to enhance business development, competitiveness, growth and job creation.
- Multi-jurisdictional approach/partnership to harmonization of state/provincial regulations and policies affecting freight movement
- Focus on economic development strategies, innovations and actions leading to job creation
- Provide sustainable freight transport mobility congestion solutions
- Development of a skilled workforce and placement to attract and retain business
- Encourage use of innovative technologies to solve supply chain and congestion challenges
- Best practices to attract capital investment
- Think North American -- connections, public awareness strategies, policy